Well, who does not like to go to a salon, right? It’s every girl’s fantasy place.
A spa day is the best day! Ah!
But, wait. Would you love it if you can save some money on a few services? Well, a lot of women would love this idea. Thanks to social media, everyone is a pro today.
No matter if it’s giving facials at home or trimming your hair, we all like to experiment today.
Salons and spas are expensive and if you get the opportunity to save some money, then why not go for it.
Almost every other woman is dissatisfied with her haircut right after getting it. You know, the regular hassle; the length is too short or THIS IS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR!
Why not spare yourself from this struggle?
Even an expert cannot get into our heads and know what we want other than us. So, let’s learn to do it on our own?
Cutting hair is obviously a typical task, which can literally make or break your look. If you know what you want, then this article can help you tremendously to do it at home.
Yes, now you cut your hair at home!
Look lovely, flawless, and feel like an expert by completing this task on your own. Giving yourself a haircut can make you feel absolutely stunning!
Why wait? Let’s get started with it!
Evaluate If You Really Need a Haircut?
This question is important!
Just because you can do it at home does not mean you have to get it!
What are some signs that you tell you that you need a haircut?
Plenty of them. Your hair can lose its charm and shine with time, but just a simple haircut can make them look amazing.
The red flags that should never be ignored are split ends, dry and dull hair, less hair volume, tangled hair, and no hair shape. But this does not calls for a haircut right away, you can use different hair growth products to revitalize your hair in no time.
Also, not cutting your hair is not the right way to keep them healthy and bouncy. The more you take care of your hair, the less you have to cut them. From an estimate, women should get their hair trimmed every 8-12 weeks.
If you don’t trust the stylist, then the whole procedure can turn into a nightmare for you. What’s best is to learn how to cut your hair and become a pro at it.
Tools Required to Cut Your Own Hair At Home Like a Pro
Wondering how to cut your own hair? Well, don’t anymore. Different hairstyles need a different kind of approach to cut the hair. If you have made your mind to cut your hair, then just follow the steps given below, but make sure you chose the best hair cutting tools, to get a professional hair cut.
Here is a list of the tools that you will need to cut your hair.
- Sharp scissors
- Water spray bottle
This is all you need to cut your hair at home. So, are you ready to move to the next step?
How to Cut Different Types of Hair at Home?
Bob hair, short hair, layers, or what? No matter what you want, you can get it at home.
Yes, you no longer have to pay visits to a salon to get your hair styling done. The times of pandemic has really shown how we all need to be the best in everything. Learning is the key, right?
So, let’s get started!
How to Cut Your Own Hair in Layers?
Your ponytail can look really pretty if you have the right layers in your hair. Not only a ponytail, but your overall hair can look extremely adorable if you wear them right. Let’s move to how to cut layers on your own. Follow these steps for perfect layering!
- The first step is to prepare your hair for cutting. Take a shower and make sure to shampoo your hair. It will detangle your hair.
- Now comb your hair into sections. When doing it, make sure to make a ‘top box’ section by taking some hair from either side of the head.
- Take the top box section, lift it at 90 degrees, comb it, and hold it between your middle finger and forefinger. Don’t forget to take your fingers perpendicular to your forehead.
- And now you need to trim this section. Take sharp scissors and trim the hair according to your preferred length. Repeat this procedure with the rest of the hair in the same way until you have trimmed hair on the front and back. This step is crucial, so make sure to keep a spray bottle and comb with you to avoid tangling.
- In the fifth step, part your hair from the middle and see if you have trimmed hair in the same length. Trim more if there is any difference in length.
How to Cut the Bangs of Your Hair?
So, you’re looking to cut bangs? Well, they are the easiest to cut and do not take a lot of time. All you have to do is follow these steps to avoid regretting it later.
- In the first step, search for the point in your head where it starts to round in the front. That’s where your bangs will start!
- Now separate your bangs from the rest of your hair.
- Twist your selected hair to make sure it is cut in the same length.
- Now you can cut the hair to your desired length.
- In the fifth step, hold bangs between your fingers, flip them up and see if there’s any difference in length, and resolve it.
Voila! You have bangs now!
How to Trim Curly Hair?
Curly hair is the most difficult to deal with. It’s not so easy to handle, let alone cut them. But don’t worry. Here’s how you can trim your curly hair in no time.
- In the first step, you need to make sure that your hair is completely dry. When they are dry, the hair strands expand perfectly and you can easily trim hair without any hassle.
- Gently detangle your hair and start sectioning them. Make sure to trim your hair as per your curls. Apply pressure to your hair to make sure that it doesn’t move a lot during the trimming process.
- Now just trim. When you trim one strand, take the other and place it with the trimmed one to trim the second one. Repeat the process until your hair is trimmed.
How to Cut Your Own Long Hair Straight?
Cutting your long hair is not so difficult. It’s a very simple process that anyone can do at home. So, here is how you will do in quick steps.
- Take clips and divide your hair into two sections. Take one section and cut half an inch. Make sure to start from small to avoid any mishap.
- Take the second section, compare it with the trimmed section and cut it the same way. This way the chances of cutting wrong can be dismissed.
- Match the length of both sections and cut off hair that doesn’t match the length.
How to Cut Your Own Hair Into a Bob?
Every other female once has an urge to go for short hair. If that’s you, then you’re in the right place. Although it’s a little tricky, you can definitely do it yourself.
Follow these steps!
- Take all your hair and tie them in a ponytail. Make sure the ponytail is tight and at the center.
- Cut your hair underneath the bobble and there you’re with your bob.
- Once it’s done, chip the ends of your hair to give it a smooth and clean look.
Is it a bad idea to cut your own hair?
After putting in a lot of effort in growing your hair fast, without any doubt this question can arise. Well, it’s not a bad idea to cut your hair at home as long as you’re following the right steps. Watching videos can further help in elaborating how to do the procedure.
Should I cut my hair wet or dry at home?
One should cut the hair when they are slightly damp to ensure that the hair texture is visible.
Is it worth learning to cut your own hair?
If you have the patience to learn how to cut your hair, then it’s definitely worth learning. Practice makes a man perfect, so keep following the procedure.
Why is cutting hair so emotional?
Hair is an important part of a person’s appearance. One wrong move can turn into your nightmare. Hence, it’s an extremely emotional chore for anyone.